I adapted this recipe for TVP & Tofu soyrizo to use tempeh. I don't really like working with TVP and it's awesome with tempeh. So.
- 1 package of tempeh, minced into minuscule crumblins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar (or mix of cooking sherry & red wine)
- 1/8 cup soy sauce/gluten-free tamari/shoyu/Bragg's(tm)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
In a small-medium-sized bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the tempeh. Pour the tempeh in to a large bowl, then stir in the mixture, coating all of the tempeh evenly. Let this sit for for about 15 minutes before using--it lets everything soak in and allows the vinegar to mellow a little bit.